Thursday, March 14, 2013

CATRICE "Color infusion" lipstain review

I've been meaning to post a review on these since a good while ago, because I've bought them a few months ago and I've been using them quite often! Right now I have just these 2 left, from the 4 that I bought (because the price was great and I love lipstains, especially for summer time), but I was really not impressed with the colors, so I gave away 2 of them. I myself like brighter colors, these are pretty neutral and quite dusty looking, if you ask me... 



On the lips, they look even darker, but I guess that might be because my lips are quite pigmented, maybe on some other person they would look different. The color bleeds a bit, as you can see above, but that's what happens with all lip stains, as they are a liquid, after all, comin out through the felt tip. So if you have a more mature complexion I think it would be a good idea to use a countour pencil before applying these. And of course, after they dry on the lips, use a lip balm, or maybe a clear lipgloss. My lips have a major tendency of getting all dry so I can't wear them without a lip balm on top, even if this product itself is not particularly drying. 
Before buying these I remember I tried one from Maybelline, I think, and I was pretty disappointed as it was almost completely dry, but I can't really blame the company for that, I think it was because of the way they were stored in the drugstore. I can't for the life of me understand why they are not using cold light bulbs at the cosmetics counters, in almost every store that I have been there are these super hot bulbs between the product shelves, that are completely melting some of them, especially lipsticks, but as allmost all makeup is made using some kind of oil, being so close to a source of heat can definitely ruin it. 
Anyways, these were definitely not dry, but I noticed that it is best to keep them stored on their "heads", meaning standing on the lid, tip down, because otherwise, after a while, when the liquid in the felt becomes less, it won't get to the tip anymore when you wanna use it.
I really like the quality of this product, is definitely a thumbs up, and I will be keepin' an eye on the Catrice counters and website, in the hope that they will come up with more vibrant, prettier colors! 
Oh and, you can definitely use them as cheek stain too, if you are brave enough! Actually is not a matter of bravery because they don't really "stain" your skin, they come off fairly easy with a wipe.
Stay pretty!
oxox
Roxana

PS: Could not find them on Amazon but I found others, for whoever just decided to try some! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...