Sunday, September 25, 2011

How to get back in shape after pregnancy

Disclaimer: Noone is paying me to write about these products, they just helped me and I am sharing my experience with you!

So, as you probably know, I just had a baby! If you look back in my blog, I have many Pregnant OOTD's :) I gave birth in June and I can say that now I am 90% back into my pre-pregnancy shape.  I would have been 100% by now if I would have been doing some sports too, but I just can't manage to fit a gym routine into my crazy schedule yet... My poor cross-trainer (elyptical) is sittin alone and bored on the balcony. I only think I visited it 3 times since I gave birth... By the way, if you ask me, the cross trainer is a fabulous way of getting and staying in shape, and a very pleasant way, compared to the others cardio devices! I personally really enjoy using it and it doesn't get me tired and out of breath as the bike and the treadmill do. And I always see results after a few training sessions on it. Yes, I am trying to motivate myself to get back to riding it, at least 3 times a week!

Okay so, if I did not do any sports, then what helped me? Well, first and foremost, starting around the 25th week of pregnancy I have been using this stuff, when my belly was starting to get really huge:

and this was amazing, I am 100% stretch mark free thanks to it! Okay Ive been using some anti-stretch mark produvts before too but this one was the best!
Then, I used these:


Note: If you are breastfeeding, these Elancyl products are not recommended, I heared, because they contain coffeine, especially the anti-cellulite one. I am not sure about the others, as I started using them when I stopped breastfeeding (I only was able to do it for 2 months, which I was very sad about but, hey, long live the HIP milk formula! lol). The Elancyl products I've been using forever now, they are the only anti-cellulite products that ever really worked for me, because my celulite is really weird, the more I am rubbing it with anti-cellulite creams and gels, the more visible it becomes! I guess those only were making my skin thinner and as the cellulite layer was deep, it was becoming more visible thanks to that... But Elancyl does not do that, it really helps thinning my thighs, well, don't imagine now that I go from size 42 to 38 in a month but... the results are visible. So this time I decided to buy not only the Offensive Cellulite 14 days gel, but also to try the Bust and Tummy firming gels.

The abdominal cellulite gel is good, but I can't say that Ive noticed amazing results. Maybe because I don't have abdominal cellulite but some pure genuine fat! LOL. It did help a bit with the skin appearance tho, it looks a bit tighter. The damage was not too big to start with, but I do have a bit of a tummy left :(
This one tho, was gooood!
This I've been using for a month and seen real results. Again, the damage was not too big after only 2 months of breastfeeding but it was some... This thing helped to get my *thingies* back to their prior-pregnancy shape. Oh, I've been using cold water too :-p 
One more thing that I like about these Elancyl products is that their texture is very fine and the skin doesn't remain sticky or oily after using them, nor has that heavy smell that some anti-cellulite products have, that gets on your clothes and is just gross. They smell sooo nice!!
And one more thing Ive been using, because I had a c-section, is this scar fading cream, from La Roche Posay, called Cicaplast. It is not meant for real scars actually, is meant to be used after dermatologic treatments, but the lady at the store said it will help and it actually did. Not dramatically but it did show results :)
Also, dry brushing is very very good against cellulite, but I am not gonna talk too much about that here because I am guilty of being too lazy to do that lately...

So that's about it, I hope this helped someone, because I know I've been searching for such things the moment I got pregnant...I was looking for ways to get back in shape afterwards! lol

oxoxox
Roxana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...