Friday, September 30, 2011

Feeling good in your own skin! DIY face mask/body scrub for dry skin (and not only!)

How could I forget about this??


What is this? This is the BEST remed for dry and dull skin! I did not invent it, I actually saw this is an old book my mom had, called *90 minutes for your beauty*, that she apparently lost :(( But I do remember certain things from there and one of them was this miraculous scrub made of Olive oil, sugar and honey. I was surprised to see this in one of Michelle Phan's videos, too, so is not a Russian receipe as I thought (mom's book was wrote by a Russian lady)!
Since a few weeks ago I was feeling my skin really dry and I didnt like how it looked anymore, I was getting small breakouts too and since like 3 days ago the skin on my face had started to feel very dry especially around my eyes. Whoever has got dry skin knows how uncomfortable that can feel! I used all the moisturizers I had even the samples layin around my house, drunk gallons of water, but nothing!! Untill I remembered of this!
To make this, you just grab some Extra Virgin Olive oil, some honey (organic is always best, of course) and some sugar (brown sugar is great, or anyways, unrefined one..) and you mix them. I know that in the book, and also Michelle, were recommending certain quantities (I am too lazy and too tired to look now for her video) but that is irrelevant anyways becase I am gonna tell you how I do it, as this is MY blog! lol. I just take the ingredients and a cup and splash in there the oil and the honey, by eye, I mix them and then add the sugar to get to a scruby-paste consistency, which I put as a face mask and then the rest I rub all over my body in the shower. Then I rinse both my face and my body and there, the magic happens! The skin is smooth and soft and feels AMAAAZING!! Talk about feeling good in your own skin!
If you didn't try it yet, do it, you will love it! Oh and, I used it even when I was having breakouts on my face, and it didnt make them worse, nor caused new ones. Actually when you have pimples or breakouts you should make sure your face is hydrated because of the products you might be using against acne, the skin tends to get very dry. Just make sure you don't scrub your face with the sugar on the breakout areas, or on the sensitive eye areas!
Happy scrubbing!
oxox
Roxana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...