Monday, January 3, 2011

Confidence

Here I wanted to cite one of my favorite bloggers, Diana (http://blog.adventuresofbarbarella.com)

She sais:

"When the sensational mama Jo spoke during our Striptease class about how confidence is everything. She was so right, and so eloquent when she said (in my own words):

Those women that walk around, head up high, with airs of grandeur and behave as if they were the prettiest, most desirable thing to exist..We love to hate them, and we might complain and moan to other women.."look at that girl..the way she dresses, the way she talks, flaunts, struts..
"

And then she posts a pic of a woman that is far from being beautiful by standards, but if you look at her you can see it's all in her attitude, with the mention : Isnt she fabulous? Heck, I think she is!


I strongly started to believe that it's all about attitude and the way you see yourself. The way you see yourself will trigger the way the others will. If you see yourself as fabulous, the others will see the same, even if you are far from being considered beautiful by standards. The standards are anyways changing with the times!
I remember when I was younger, I had this gf that was sooooo far from the set beauty standards. But this girl was amazing! She was so nice and so sweet and living like a movie star, she was always wearing the most trendy clothes (even if she would have to eat only pretzels for the whole week to buy those clothes), she had the best makeup and manicure, because she knew how to do all that (while the rest of us only could use eyeliner and lipstick and we werent even doing it right)and it was all in her behavior, actually. She always had a good word to say to everyone, to make a compliment that was TRUE, she never sounded like she was fake, cuz she was actually paying attention and could find a nice thing about anyone. She was always smiling and fun, and full of energy (now, I dunno how she did that, I am most of the time sleepy no matter how hard I try! But I love energetic people). I don't even have to mention that she was the center of men's attention, even if she was going everywhere with me (5feet 9 tall, skinny and with the highschool nickname *covergirl*). All the guys that were at first trying to get with me, were blown away in a few minutes after talking to her, even if they might not even had noticed her to start with! I was like...wtf?? But as she was my dear friend I wouldnt mind all that much, all I wanted to know was what I was doing wrong! Wasnt my skirt short enough? (She wasn't even wearing short skirts!) Wasn't my hair long and shiny enough? Wasn't I smiling enough? Heck, everything seemed in perfect order to me and the guys DID whistle and all that!! I don't think I understood at that time, but after a few years I started to get it. It was her ATTITUDE! I had quite a modest attitude and I wasn't very confident, I always was thinking that my face doesnt look good when I smile, my legs are too skinny, my boobs are too small and so on and so on, I didnt even like my own voice! And with a luggage of so many complexes, of course I couldn't keep a guy's attention for too long! Because there was her, smiling like a super star, looking him straight in the eyes and making him believe he was the sun and the moon for her! When they were complimenting her she was practically shining, while I was like... oh well, *Im not all this or all that*... so I was pointing to my bad parts and showing that I wasnt so hot after all, while she was just becoming hotter like the compliments would have fed her!
So heck, yeah, flaunt what you have, be confident, it will shine through! Take care of yourself, LOVE yourself, and you will be able then to give more love to everyone else! And that will make you shine! That is the inside beauty that they are talking about, being able to LOVE! But you cannot do that if you don't love YOURSELF to start with!
It's not about grabbing men's attention, they don't matter all that much. Confidence ATTRACTS people in general!
Now, I love to take care of myself (my mom was always saying *taking care of yourself, to start with, is the nicest thing in the world), put on makeup every morning, dress in a way to make myself feel good first of all, wear the things I like just for ME! If I see myself looking bad, with dark undereye circles and messy hair, I instantly become depressed! So I always make sure I like how I look first of all, I smile at myself in the mirror and promise myself that it's gonna be a GOOD day, and I swear it helps even when I am sad or depressed or not feeling so good!
Enough rambling here, I hope I was clear enough so now move your pretty butts and pamper yourself, and BELIEVE in yourself, you ARE beautiful if you WANNA be!
oxoxox
Roxana

2 comments:

  1. Well said Muzette, I shall print this and cover my bathroom mirror with it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...