Sunday, November 13, 2011

Garnier BB Cream review!

Allright, I know that by now every beauty blogger and their grandma AND cat, already wrote a review on the new (not even that new anymore) Garnier BB Cream, but I promised one too and I will do as I promised. It took a bit long because I wanted to test it properly before I talk about it, besides, as you know, I don't really find time at this moment in my life (5 month old baby boy!).
So:
 These are my 2 tubes of BB cream! I got both shades because I happen to be inbetween them, complexion color-wise, so, as I was not sure if I wanna look too pale or too dark (lol), I bought them both and I am mixing them before application. Especially because in winter time I am using a fake tan spray, that means my color varies alot function of how the tan fades, and with this method I can be sure I am always looking natural, not like a mask, as I can make the color more pale or more dark.



I just mix them in my hand, I know maybe I should be using a plastic palette and a brush, but I am always in a hurry and lazy so I rather do it like this, even if at times I feel I am using up too much product cuz it gets spread on my palm. Anyways!  I have been using this for a month now, and even if my skin is prone to blackheads and breakouts, I did not have any problem with this! And the finish is fab, doesn't look like I have much, if anything at all on my face, which is what I really have been searching for, for a long time! Something that will make my face look fresh, unified and matte without being annoying like the foundation (that causes patches on my face where it wears out faster during the day, like for example on my chin because I'm touching it more), or powder (that looks cakey and gathers in the fine lines, most of the times). This is just perfect, the pigments are good and it just sinks into the skin when applied, looks dewy for a few minutes but then becomes matte and perfect, I personally don't even find the need to powder it at all, I just press a tissue on my face to absorb the excess moisture and that's it! I used to wear the Chanel Mat Lumiere foundation and to think that I depended on it if I wanted to have a luminous matte face all day long, but this bb cream proved me wrong! I don't need to spend that much anymore!! Of course, Chanel foundation is fab, but for day to day I definitely can replace it with Garnier BB Cream, with 95% same result! And more natural looking! Now that's what I call a GOOD DEAL!!
Here is a few pics of how my face looks before and after using it, but I have to warn you that it's my face with no makeup, and with messy hair, first thing in the morning. That means SCARY. Allright, you have been warned.


yeah I know I am wearing a different robe but that's because between the moment that I took the first pic.. while I was getting ready to put on the cream, my son decided to start screaming straight from his sleep so I had to run and feed him, and as usual he ate too much and spitted out some milk... on me. Oh well. It's the very same day, only like 40 mins later, I assure you! :))
Here's a closeup:
I think it's pretty awesome, for someone that doesn't have really bad skin problems. I used to have, but, after pregnancy, my skin got so much better, thank God. I still have breakouts from time to time but very small, some blackheads if I am not being careful, and some marks from the past pimple "battles" that I had to take...
Now, I find that this could be a bit more moisturizing, as it promises "24 hours hydrating care". Well, taking into account the hormonal changes that I've been through and still am, maybe my skin needs more hydration than most skin types do, now, I don't know. So for the dry skin types... you may wanna use a moisturizer before this.
Otherwise I think it's awesome, looks soooo so so natural it's impressive, is lightweight, gets into the skin so fast when applied (actually you have to work very fast to apply it evenly or you'll have to add more as it sinks right into the skin). The colors are both very nice and if you do like I do, mix them both, you will definitely be able to get your perfect shade. The price is great as well, I payed 9 euros-something for a tube, which is very worth it, in my oppinion, for being a great quality product.
It looks just as great till late in the evening, I don't even have to blot my face, maybe once if I work out,stay in a hot place, or take a nap, but I remember that with the Chanel Mat Lumiere foundation, I had to have the blotting paper or paper tissues handy at all times! And this was still better than most foundations or tinted moisturizers that I tried before, from this p.o.v. Also, I love the fact that it's incredible lightweight! After all, is just a cream, not a foundation. I love how it feels! They say it also has SPF, which is also a good thing! I can never apply spf before foundation or before other skincare, no matter what brand I use, always loks horrible on me and gives me breakouts or univen finish or a weird hue or who knows...
Bottom line, I LOVE this BB cream! I went and bought 2 more! And I will make sure I always have some in my bathroom cabinets!! It definitely won its place in my skincare and makeup routine, I just hope it stays on the market!
Hope this helped some of you, my dears!
Keep smiling!
oxoxox
Roxana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...