Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Dear Helena Rubinstein, give me back my concealer!!!

Why oh WHYYYYYYY do they do this lately?? I heared Chanel is changing the foundations, and you can't find the Pro Lumiere anymore (I dunno about my Mat Lumiere, but I am afraid it's gonna be gone too), to replace them with something else, Clinique is also tossing away some stuff and coming up with new things, and now, I was looking yesterday for a replacement of my favorite concealer of all times, Magic Concealer from helena Rubinestein, and the sales lady told me it was out??? Not produced anymore? And that the new range will only come out in 3 months? I was heartbroken!!! She offered me a Clinique (new product, also) concealer, that is okay but not as good! Is too oily! Waaaaaah! Why?? Why do they do this? Why when, after long searches and trials, lots of money spent on products that are not what you want, you FINALLY find something perfect... they toss it away just to change it?? I think is not a good marketing move, because people these days instead of trying their new products of a certain company (assuming they wanna be faithful to the company, which is RARE these days too, with such a huge variety on the market), will become annoyed and pissed off and go buy some drugstore product that is so-so (or maybe if lucky, will be good) just to get the job done! That's what I would do, when on a budget, anyways! If I would be sure the products that fit me best are gonna be produced for a long time (wishfully forever) I would be more likely to buy another product from the certain company when going to buy replacements for my favs, just so, because I am happy with it! But when they keep changing every year, I get discouraged! I rather go try cheap drugstore products that won't make a hole in my budget if they won't fit me! But when it comes to foundations and concealers, I am crazy, because I have sensitive eyes and acne-prone skin, which gives me more of a hassle to take care of if a breakout or pink eye happen, than paying more for a great high end product!
I will have to go search in all the Douglas shops in my town for a HR Magic Concealer left, darn it!
That was my rant, I am really angry they did this to me!
R.I.P., Magic! :((
I keep the hope that they will bring it back in a similar formula, otherwise I will be very upset :(
oxoxo
Roxana

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I was just searching for reviews on this product, which seemed to be HG for most and so I found your blog...
    It is still on their website, why do u say it is off the market???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi hon! Thank you for your comment! Well, that's what I was told by the sales ladies at Douglas, that the Magic Concealer won't be produced anymore and will be replaced in a few months with another similar product! I saw it on the Douglas website too but nowhere to be found in the stores! That's why I was getting frustrated! lol I sure hope it wasn't true tho, I will sure be checking this matter further now that you gave me the heads up! Thanks! oxox

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...