Saturday, April 2, 2011

How to save on skincare products and makeup: recicle the annoying samples!

Cosmetics samples. You get them everytime you shop at the cosmetic counter, at the pharmacy, or you find them between the pages of the fashion magazines. Do you ever use them? I, myself, use the perfume ones, because I am curious how they smell, and also, I use any sample or face cream/serum/mask that comes in a little plastic tube, but I HATE the ones that come in little envelopes, creams or foundation samples, like the ones in the pic below:



First of all, I cant properly use any of them, because when I try taking out the product it usually spills al over, or if I use a bit, the rest has to be thrown away cuz it won't be good anyways after opening. And I hate wasting things! Besides, you can't even tell if a cream is good when using it only once! Its just... one more cream and thats all, all you can tell about it is the way it smells or the way it absorbs into the skin, but you definitely can't see an effect. So what I do with these guys, is I collect them for a while, and then put them in little empty containers, like this:



At times I have enough of one kind to fill a whole container, at other times I mix them, function of their kind. That is, dry skin creams to dry skin creams, tinted moisturizer to tinted moisturizer, foundation to foundation etc. Here I have a whole big pot of dry skin moisturizer, out of mixed samples, and a little pot of tinted moisturizer made of foundation samples and tinted moisturizers. I mixed them all together as they were not many, this time. Might sound weird but I usually get good mixes like that, because I make sure only to use the ones that are suited for my skin, of course. The dry skin cream I wont need for my face but I will use it on my hands and neck, and the tinted moisturizer that I obtained is really good, is more like a foundation, actually, been using it 3 times and woked great! Of course there is a risk of breakouts but I am being careful :)
So there, if you are into recicling and not throwing away things, like I am, I hope this gave you an idea of what to do with the little samples that you usually feel the urge to throw away cuz they are too hard and annoying to use.
oxoxox
Roxana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...