Sunday, April 7, 2013

Garnier BB Cream - Miracle Skin Perfector ANTI-AGEING - Review (me no likey!)

Okay so for today I had planned to go out in my yard and take some beauuuutiful OOTD pics because as beautiful as the weather was yesterday, I thought the spring will be here finally. I even wanted to put all my winter gear away in boxes and replace them with the spring and summer wardrobe. Glad I did't have time to, cause it would have been really bad. Outside it's 6C degrees right now. Rain. Wind. Feels like 2C or less and it's depressing. 

So what can I do now? I think this is the perfect time for doing a bad review! LOL! No, I am not doing a bad review BECAUSE it's an ugly day and I am feeling frustrated, nope! But as you probably noticed, I don't talk about many products that I don't like, for the simple reason that I am usually very careful with what I buy, I always do some research before buying and I try to only buy what would work for my skin type and needs. 

I have been procrastinating doing a review for it for a long time, meanwhile trying to use it again and again. But no. It has to be told. I do. not. like it.
Who theheck am I talking about? This!!


The Garnier BB Cream in the fairly new "Anti-Ageing" formula, with the so-called "pro-xylane", that I have no idea what it is, I know I can easily search it on wikipedia and I am sure it is a good thing, but I just don't feel the need to know more at this moment.

I bought this because I love BB cream, and most of all, I love the BB Creams from Garnier. And because...well... I am quite old and thought I should keep that in mind and try to do what's to be done: get the anti-age option if available.

I am so bummed!!

First of all, as usual, I picked the "Medium" shade, as I always do, because even if I am white like a paper, I hate having my face that white or even whiter... so I always strive to get a bit of color (I found it's useless to use a fake tan because it always get washed off fast as I take my makeup off). But this particular BB cream's Medium shade is darker than the classic version's Medium shade, or than the Combination to Oily skin's version's Medium shade. Or at least on my skin it shows darker...

The smell is nice, is about the same as the classic BB Cream from garnier's smell, and doesn't smell like alcohool like the Combination to Oily BB Cream (thanks God). But hey, of course it doesn't, would be weird for a anti-ageing cream to have that in it (although some serums that I know do...)
 Here is how it looks, once squeezed outta tube:



Now I realise this is not the best presentation, becase the skin on my face is alot different from the skin on my wrist. I wish the skin on my face looked this good!!! But as you can see, even there and it did not spread evenly! Ohhh and I remembered I was so bummed that I even took a pic of my face...


The light sucks in my bathroom I know, and I have a bit too much of little hairs on my face. But hey, I guess everyone does, in that area... you just didn't take such a picture so you don't know! ha! But really, if you look closer at the coverage of this BB Cream...is really embarassing! I did all my best to spread it evenly and rub it in and blend some more and still I've been left with strikes!! This bugged me to no end! I tried to apply it on a clean face right after washing, cause I thought maybe previous moisture will influence the blending. Same sh**.. result. I tried to apply it on a moisturized face, hoping the blending will go smoother. Same result. I tried to even do a scrub mask before applying it, to make sure my face was in best condition. Nada. The only option that I had left was to try and apply it with a brush, like a foundation, which I did, and after quite some work (it won't get smooth at all!) I managed to obtain a no stripey finish, but the coverage was very very low, and I guess that, as it is a cream that has more qualities than just coverage, it actually needs to be applied not just like a barely there layer, but it has to also be able to moisturise, at least. Besides, as it is a cream, a BB cream, it's purpose is to be used by the women that don't want to use a foundation, at least for me, it means something easier to use, easier to wear, something I can use on the go and when I don't have time or wish to do a proper foundation, something for hot weather as well, something that can easily be re-applied. If I use a brush, which I then have to take time and wash, let alone the fact that applying something with a brush takes longer... then where's the easiness of it all?? Also, for my acne scars I need more than just a hint of coverage... the regular (classic version) of Garnier BB cream and even the one for Combination to Oily skin does a great job for me in that regards. This doesn't. Cause I can't apply it! I think they put something in it that screwed up its consistency, so it became kind of chalky and hard to blend. Besides, this Medium shade tends to look reddish, only in this case. I don't like that either. If a redhead will use it she might tend to look like a carrot :(

I wanted to like this, I really did, but I don't. It's going away. 

Here is how it looks, applied with a brush, on my forearm, where the skin is perfect. Still a bit uneven if you look closely :(


Also, about the wear I can tell you that it's not even all that moisturising after all, even thought at first I have to use a tissue and absorb the excess oils from my face (it's really shiny) after like 4 hours my cheeks started to feel really dry :( If it would have been easy to re-apply this would have been ok but in the given conditions... way too much of a hassle would have been!

I can't say this is a no-no for all, I am sure that if you are younger and have perfect skin it would look alot better on you, but... who wants to use an anti-ageing BB cream when they have young perfect skin???

If you wanna read my review on the first Garnier BB Cream (I call it The Classic) click here, and for the review on the Garnier BB Cream for Combination to Oily skin click here
I gotta tell you that I went back to the store and bought 2 tubes of the regular one, which I think it's the best (hope it doesn't disappear or gets changed as all the things I like tend to do). I just love that stuff! Why fix it, if it ain't broken?!?!

Thank you for reading my blog! Want more? Please follow me! (links up left)

Take care, and KEEP SMILING!
oxox
Roxana

2 comments:

  1. Anti-aging products for skin care area unit ever ever-changing with increasing studies and new bio-technologies. Here's a quick review of new--and some continuing--highly effective Wrinkle Cream

    ReplyDelete


  2. Thanks for the usefull information. I am aware about the health benefits of Derma Joie

    Cream as I recently came across the aminogenesis eye control reviews which helps me in fighting anti-aging signs.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...