Tuesday, April 2, 2013

How to Use Your Skincare and Makup Products Wisely, and save money too!

Because we all know that skincare products and makeup is not cheap, and even if it is, if it's good, you don't really want to waste it, because even if you afford to buy all the time new one, at times you might have the surprise to not be able to find anymore a certain product or color or brand, or to find it very hard. It always happens to me, I am starting to take it personal, each time I find something that I really love, it has to somehow disappear after a while. I start to think I am the only one that likes that thing! Weird huh?
Anyways, I was always bothered by the way some people are wasting things (my mom always makes real well drills in my face creams, some girl I know uses up a bottle of foundation in less than 2 weeks and a body lotion tube in 5 days). Is not because I am a scrooge, I am waaay too far from that for my own wellbeing, but, I think is not normal to waste things. Is common sense to take care of what you have and to make the most of your money and investments. It's also ecologic! So, I will teach you how to use your skincare and makeup products wisely.
To make sure you are using the right amount of the products, I will give you some size "landmarks". I picked some examples that are hard to forget. I did it on purpose :) Would you waste THESE???

Eye cream: the size of a Tic-Tac
Makeup Base (Foundation): size of an M&M 


Face Cream: size of a peanut M&M


Shampoo: size of a caramel candy (same goes for conditioner, and it usually needs to be applied only on the tips of the hair)


Body cream/lotion: size of an Oreo biscuit


Now, done with the sizes. I will teach you a few more things, to make the life of your favorite makeup products longer.

If your BLUSH is almost finished and you can't get it out on the brush anymore, put it in a tissue and make it a powder, then put it in a little box (an eye cream box or some other little box left from something else) and you can use it from there! Make sure it has a lid that closes well!

Is your LIPSTICK almost over? There usually is a lot of product still left inside of the tube, so use a Lip Brush to apply it from there. I promise it will last you a few more weeks!

Is your favorite EYE SHADOW almost empty? Break what's left into a powder and mix it with a drop of eye cream, you will get a cream shadow!
I hope you like my ideas and that you find them useful!
Thank you for reading me, and if you want more, please don't forget to follow me by email or by joining my blog! (you have the links to the left side) 
Take care and keep smiling!
oxox
Roxana

PS: If you have other tips or ideas about saving your fav products, please let us all know in a comment! I would love to hear them!


3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...