Sunday, March 27, 2011

Chanel Black Pearl (no 513) Nail Color

Okay so I tried the new Chanel polish that I bought for my bday, and I can tell you what I liked and what I did not like about it, now, after 5 days of wearing it. This is how it looks, I wanted to take a pic in natural light so I did it in the car but I guess the gray board is taking away from its real shade:
It is a dark grey with a pearly sheen and with some greenish-blueish tones, it actually does look like a black pearl. If applied in one coat is very see-through but can be nice if you are into the more subtle look, only that it can get streaky if you are not careful when applying it, but I guess that's nothing bad for a polish that wants to make your nails look like a pearl because the uneven aspect is okay in that case. I applied 2 coats here with a transparent base and no top coat. It didn't dry too fast and the brush is the classic one, long and thin so you have to be careful with it. I prefer the new ones that are shorter and wider, i will show you what I am talking about in another post. I have been wearing it for 5 days and now it's really chipped at the tips of the nails even if my nails are not long and I was careful not to scratch things or wash dishes, lol. So I can say I am not very pleased with its resistance on the nail. It is a pretty color but I will not buy Chanel nail polish again cuz apart from the special color (which gets fast copied by other (way cheaper) brands anyways), I see nothing special about it to justify the 22 euros price!
But I will definitely be using this one for a while cuz the color is really nice and anyways, I have to use it now, for all that money! haha

oxoxo
Roxana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...