Thursday, March 31, 2011

New YouTube Video! Yay! I finally managed to resume making videos! Go me!!


So this is what I pretty much do every morning, to take care of my face! At times I slightly change the products, for example when I don't have breakouts or blackheads (because this routine does work, so there are times when I am free of those!) I am using a different foundation. Actually I am rotating 3 or 4 foundations, function of the state of my skin and of whatever I will be doing that specific day. For example, if I am to go out and be out or busy for a long time, I would use my Estee Lauder DoubleWear.
It took me years and years of trial and error to get to this skincare formula. I used hundreds of products and these are the ones that really work. Well, they do work for me, anyways.
So I am gonna break down the video here and explain more as I prefered to make it without talking. And talking needs to be done! :))
I am starting with cleansing my face, I try not to use water but in the days when I have a breakout or when I was out somewhere polluted or with alot of dust (then I use the Effaclar Gel Moussant Purifiant for Oily Sensitive Skin and rinse it off with water), and only in the evening of course, cuz in the morning the skin is supposed to be clean from the night makeup removing process. So I clease the excess oils with La Roche Posay's Effaclar Purifying Lotion for Sensitive Oily Skin (they seem to have a real pleasure in changing the names of their products, though, last time I bought it was named Lotion Micellaire.. but is sure the same product). After that, I apply a toner (Effaclar Lotion Astringente Micro-Exfoliante, aka Exfoliating toner, which is also from La Roche Posay and made for acne-prone skin). Yes the La Roche Posay products are GREAT for acne prone sensitive skin, the best products I have ever tried and I did try hundreds, believe me! They are not some fast remed that will cure your acne in  day but they do work great in time when used right and regularly and they prevent all skin problems because they are so gentle (not drying or harsh) but effective.
Next step is the eye cream, which I use religiously at times even 3-4 times a day, and it sure works because I am 32 and I only have a few very fine lines under my eyes, while everyone else I know my age already has goose wrinkles at the corners of the eyes and little bags underneath... In the video I was using Avene Ystheal + which is great, but I also use La Roche Posay "Redermic +" for Sensitive Eyes (which I have, grr!). Next, for when I have any spots or pimples, I apply Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Spot Treatment gel on them. This is a great product but you must apply it before your face cream or it won't be as effective anymore.
To prevent and treat the fine lines, I apply (only locally) Diadermine Intense Age Repair Day Cream, but I cannot say this is an amazing product, is good but I guess any other anti-wrinkle cream would work because I pretty much use it to prevent the wrinkles, I am not sure how it would work if one would actually have those wrinkles and would wanna get rid of them. I apply it on all expression fine lines, around my mouth, between my eyebrows, on the forehead, etc.
Now time for the main face cream, and this is a fab product, good as spot treatment, blackhead prevention and correction, hydrating and also a great foundation base. It even helped me with the cystic acne, little nodules that were forming under my skin and I wasn't even able to pop them! Grrr. I know is not good to pop them but I was doing it.. So I apply Effaclar DUO Correcting and Unclogging Anti-Imperfection Care all over my face. Vichy has got such a cream too, anti-imperfections, but I used it for a few months and is not even by far as good, it was kind of drying my face too much and sucked as makeup base.
The next step is the foundation, that I cannot go out without because I am paranoid about the spot marks and other ugly lil shadows that I have on my face. In the video, as it was specially made as acne prone skin care, I am using my Clinique S.O.S. Anti-Blemish Solutions Liquid Makeup, which is a fabulous foundation, lasts long and doesn't get greasy, but it does get a bit patchy at the end of the day, unless you take care of it with blotting paper or powder. It has a great effect tho, sure prevents spots and blackeads and keeps the ones that already exist under control. I don't like to use it when my face is clear tho, I rather use my Chanel Matt Lumiere then, looks a bit more *fancy* :)
Last step in my routine of making my face look as good as it can (except for the makeup) is the concealer, and my absolute all time favorite would be the Helena Rubinstein Magic Concealer. Excellent product, has a great finish, doesn't crease, doesn't run, stays put all day and doesn't dry the eye area. is really fab! And you can believe me because I have tried a few tenths of concealers too! lol. Of course when needed I would add concealer on the visible spots too but this time was no need for that, the foundation did a good job.
So that's about it, now if I would wanna go out looking like a *good young girl* I would be only putting on some blush and maybe some tinted lip balm, and that would be about it. I am not too much into the *good young girl* look tho, so I add alot more makeup to that! haha
Well, I hope some people find this useful, and if you do, please comment and ask more, if you wanna know other tips and oppinions!
oxox
Roxana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...