Thursday, March 24, 2011

I miss the times when..

I miss the time when I was making my own clothes out of my mom's (or out of any piece of fabric I could lay my hands on), because I had no money to buy new ones, nor really nice places to go shop at (at the time I was 16-17-18 years old, my country was still recovering after communism. No, I was not born in Germany, but that's where I've been living for a long time now). Now don't get me wrong, I don't miss not having money, but I miss the feeling of happines I was getting when after working a whole night on a certain thing without a sewing machine (once started, I had no patience to leave it off my hands untill it was ready) and then wearing it the next day (or maybe for a party) and having my friends ask me *Where did you get this from???*. Let alone the fact that it was unique and really my size, lol. Now I do have money to go buy things but I don't have anymore time to make them myself, nor patience, cuz nowadays is all about speed in our lives :( That's sad... Oh well, at least for my daughter I hope I can make some little cute unique things :) Untill she grows up a bit and starts throwing them away and asking for money to go shopping! hehe
oxoxox
Roxana
PS: I got these nice memories watching the videos of the amazing GiannyL (www.GiannyL.com.) Of course, she is much better than I ever was or will ever be with my DIY, so she is a great inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...